Wednesday, April 25, 2012

YAY a second one!

I know that it has been awhile since my last update on our small family! But I promise I haven't forgotten! Let's see what has been going on. Clay and my father both had their birthday celebrations in February so now my hubby is 24... Which I actually forgot the other morning when I was talking to a group of coworkers. I am already making us younger. We have come in contact with some of Clay's high school friends and they are wonderful people. We are still trying to set a time that we can meet up and do something. I have been progressing in work. This past month my band has gone to two competitions that were a big deal. The school that I work at, band is not considered anything to brag about or something "cool" to be a part of. But I am really trying to change that culture and boy is that hard! But my wonderful band students went for the first time, as well as my first time, to these band contest. They did a wonderful job and should be so very proud of themselves. And I really hope that they are. The only thing that we can do is go up and keep trying to learn and grow. This next year I have 150 students signed up for band!!! It was such great news to hear that! I just hope and pray that they stay that high with all the STAAR testing and remedial classes that will be offered. So keep your fingers crossed...
Another exciting thing that my hubby and I decided to do was take a sporadic trip to Ruidoso. It was so nice and such a relaxing trip for the both of us that I know we needed. We took our little pooch too and he loved being in the outdoors pretending he was a big ferocious dog.
We don't have any huge news to share but summer is coming up and I know we couldn't be more excited! I'll hopefully post more exciting news soon and next time with some pictutres.

2 comments:

  1. Fun update to read! Glad you're back in the blogging world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the most exciting things about life is that nothing exciting is happening. Just living life! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete